Letter to the LACPC Board -- our esteemed County Commissioner
Exert from a Letter to the LACPC Board for Mike Welch -----
I was honored to accept your invitation to participate on this committee. I was then later surprised to find I was not actually a member of the committee, nor is my colleague Ed Weiner. Mr. Mudd and Mr Daltry had originally promised the LACPC a seat on the selection committee... now I am disappointed to find what had been originally promised will not be delivered. It is my understanding that the original promise of including us as voting members has been reduced to making us nothing more than glorified observers.
I also understand Robert Anderson has attempted to mediate the situation in the hopes of restoring the original promise of voting membership. Such a measure would require the assistance of our esteemed County Commissioner, who appears more interested in using the situation to gain greater control over the LACPC and the planning process itself.
The LACPC is not a commodity that can be negotiated away, nor is the right of the people of Lehigh Acres to plan their community's future. I find it deeply disappointing that Commissioner Albion appears more concerned with controlling Lehigh Acres than representing us, as he has been elected to do.
And so, I would like to inform you I will not be a part of this committee. I will take no part in a process that appears to be a veiled attempt to take control away from the people of Lehigh Acres.
Respectfully,
Mike Welch
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home